The Woods Group is led by a group of experienced agriculture and agribusiness professionals, combining a wealth of industry experience and a passion for driving innovation.
- Tom is a dedicated pastoralist, who has spent his life farming the rich soils of southern Queensland. Today, Tom uses his experience to oversee Woods Pastoral’s 12,000 hectares of properties.He has been part of the Goondiwindi community since the 1950s, when the Woods family began production on its two original properties of Billa Billa and Murra Cul Cul. Tom’s contribution to the local community has also included serving as Waggamba Shire Council Mayor, sitting on multiple Shire and agricultural committees and attending community events and festivals.
- With expertise in farm and business management, transport and logistical analysis, Andrew has driven the rapid expansion of Woods Transport.An advocate for the importance of high safety standards and meticulous driver training and accreditation, Andrew is a member of, and regular contributor to, Trucksafe – the national peak body for truck safety.
Andrew has attained an MBA and holds a Diploma of Farm Management from Marcus Oldham. He has previously worked for Suncorp Bank, where he gained significant financial and commercial experience.
- Bruce has been at the heart of The Woods Group’s growth for almost two decades, forging fruitful commercial partnerships and skilfully managing grain buying and marketing for customers.Heading up The Woods Group’s grain buying and marketing operations, Bruce has an extensive knowledge of key industry trends and markets, and holds a Diploma of Farm Management from Marcus Oldham
- Tom manages operations for The Woods Group, a role he has filled for more than a decade. He has played an important role in diversifying and integrating the company’s operations during recent, rapid expansion.Tom was awarded a Bachelor of Agricultural Science with First-Class Honours from The University of Queensland. Passionate about all things agriculture, Tom lives and breathes the science behind farming and constantly strives to apply the latest knowledge and technology across the business.
- Angus is an experienced agribusiness professional and oversees both our Woods Seeds and Woods Foods divisions. Drawing on more than ten years’ experience at The Woods Group, Angus has a thorough understanding of the company, the community and key customer markets. He is proud of The Woods Group’s history, its growth and its reputation. Angus holds a dual Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Business Management degree from The University of Queensland, and has previously worked for the prestigious global accounting firm, Ernst and Young.